Amps

Re: [Amps] LK 500 ZA heat

To: "Steve Thompson" <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] LK 500 ZA heat
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 18:01:56 -0400
The folks at Kenwood understood air flow and designed a good system that
really doesnt need any additional help.
They use the exhaust method on their old tube transceivers also and it works
great. The key is to have sufficient inlet volume; Ive seen many designs
that are too restrictive.

If anyone is concerned about spot temperatures inside the RF cavity of that
or any other amp heat indicating paint and adhesive strips are available.
Ive found them very useful when designing the cooling system for high power
industrial amps.

Carl
KM1H