Amps

Re: [Amps] 200 Watt Fast Relay

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 200 Watt Fast Relay
From: "David Cutter" <d.cutter@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 23:57:50 +0100
I once had to design an equipment with a switch with a very variable contact
resistance.  I made it work successfully by ensuring a small dc current
passed thro the contacts on closure and this was enough to break down the
surface film.

I've often wondered if this could be applied to relays looking for sub uV
signals to make them more tolerant to ageing:  in QSK, 1M ops is not a big
number.

David
G3UNA