Amps

Re: [Amps] Antenna traps

To: "Vic K2VCO" <vic@rakefet.com>,"Amps reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Antenna traps
From: "Gene Bigham" <jbigham2@kc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:47:52 -0600
Tried the coaxial ones and indeed they are heavy, also got hot and burned up
using RG8 foam coax, suppose I should try some with solid dielectric
instead.
These Unadilla's are supposed to be good for 2kw PEP but when I tried to pin
the maker down to what that meant, I got a song and a dance.  I am taking up
this new set with him and see what he says.  In the mean time I would like
to have a set of 40 traps to put in the antenna instead of it just being 80
meter and 160, I have a set of 40 traps for A3S beam that might work but
have to dig them out, I know they will take the power.
Thanks for the reply.