Amps

[AMPS] gettering

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] gettering
From: Mike" <W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 00:13:49 -0700
Just to illustrate the scale of things I did a little research on the subject
of temperature and color.
Per "Care and Feeding of Power Grid Tubes", 4th printing 1982, a thoriated
tungsten filament
at a typical operating temperature of 1900 deg K will exhibit a specific peak
emission around 50
to 100mA per watt of filament heating power. The sun's surface temperature is
around 6000
deg K, core temperature is around 15,000,000 deg C. The color temperature of
average daylight
(yellowish/white) is said to be around 5500 deg K. This would suggest that an
anode running
a 1000 K would be a dull red color.

73 de Mike, W4EF.............