Amps

Re: [Amps] Vacuum Relay replacements for Henry 2k Classic?

To: "'Rich Hallman - N7TR'" <rich@n7tr.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Vacuum Relay replacements for Henry 2k Classic?
From: "Mike Baker" <k7dd@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 08:04:26 -0700
From: Amps [mailto:amps-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Rich Hallman -
N7TR
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2012 4:59 PM
To: amps@contesting.com

Has anyone actually replaced the large and very loud TR relays in a Henry 2K
Classic with Vacuum Relays (HC1's..ect)

Thanks...

Rich N7TR
ex KI3V, N3AMK, WB3JOV
www.n7tr.com<http://www.n7tr.com>
Telnet: dxc.n7tr.com N7TR DXCluster

Hi Rich,
Google NE7X and check out what Tom made up for his Henry's.
The nice thing is that it can be configured for external use between various
amps or just mounted integral.
The Relays are available from Max Gain Systems used at reasonable prices or
new from Gigavolt for $69 new as a "Ham Special" purchase.
The board containing the sequencer is a direct purchase and about $70 as I
recall.
This makes the total for everything between $240 to $300 for NEW parts and
that is using either 2 vac rys and a high speed reed ry for bias or 3 vac
rys for everything.
I have the sequencer board and some 26V relays already so the who gig is
going into my amp pretty soon as I have it on the bench for a rework as we
speak.

Best 73,

Mike Baker  K7DD