Amps

[Amps] Henry 4K-Ultra

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Henry 4K-Ultra
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 21:58:07 -0500
FWIW,  the 4KU that I am restoring/cleaning does not have a serial number
plate on it so I was unable to tell how old it was.....until I spoke with an
ex Henry employee this evening.  I asked him what the black hand written
"FD-9" that is inscribed on the second floor of the power supply meant, if
anything.  He told me that virtually all of the 4K's and also commercial amp
power supplies were assembled and tested by Fay Danza and the number
indicated the relative beginning or ending of the 4KU.  Since Henry made the
4KU starting in 1971, this indicates that it was one of the early ones.
This is in conflict with the fact that my amp has a ceramic 2500pf cap in
the C2 position and supposedly they changed over to the ceramic after the
glass caps were no longer available from Jennings.  It would be interesting
to see the FD numbers of the other 4KU's out there.  One problem in seeing
what your number is due to the fact that she wrote her ID on the left hand
side of the 2nd floor of the power supply, part of which might be under the
plate transformer.

I managed to buy the EBM 230V blower on eBay this evening so that will be
installed as soon as I receive it.  $20 +$9 shipping ain't that bad.  Now,
if I can find a suitable filter cap.

Bob W6TR