Amps

Re: [Amps] Grid Dipping the Pi network in a new amp?

To: "Chuck Curran" <ccurran@wi.rr.com>,"Amps Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Grid Dipping the Pi network in a new amp?
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 06:12:55 -0400
By the way Chuck, I really don't see anything significant
wrong with your layout. It looks clean and has reasonable
lead lengths. Overall it is one of the better homebrew amps
I have seen, and I've seen hundreds.

I wouldn't change a thing at this point.

The only thing that bothers me is the red on the vacuum
capacitors bells, where the vacuum caps are grounded and the
dull or satin look to the aluminum. You know of course
aluminum oxide or anodized aluminum is a very good
insulator.

I also hope you are sweeping the tank with the GDO, and not
just sitting on one frequency hoping things hit.

Did you listen to the GDO on a receiver? Is it calibrated
and running OK? Does it work well with other resonant
circuits?

73 Tom