Amps

Re: [Amps] L4B Plate choke - Follow Up

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] L4B Plate choke - Follow Up
From: "Wayne Rogers" <n1wr@chesapeake.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:29:43 -0500
Well, here's the results.  I purchased the Ameritron choke from MFJ.
Installing it into the L4B was not a problem.  It had to be shortened by 1/2"
-  which was easily accomplished by CAREFULLY cutting off the top of the
Ameritron coil with a ceramic blade on my table saw.

I worked the contest this past weekend (1500+ contacts) with the amp. I'm not
shy about pushing the L4B.  I couldn't notice any difference in performance.

I will rewind the L4B coil and keep it in reserve.  Thanks to all who offered
advice and counsel.

73, Wayne N1WR