Amps

Re: [Amps] winding an HV transformer

To: Alex Eban <alexeban@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] winding an HV transformer
From: Paul Decker <kg7hf@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 12:11:02 +0000 (UTC)

OK amp builders....

Which is it!   --- I'm feeling unsure of myself again.

The picture in my book for full wave bridge and a sine wave says:

Epk = 1.4 Erms.

Eav = 0.9 Erms

It also seems to depict the pk - pk value, the negative peaks "flipped" up to
become positive peaks, this to me would imply that you now only have more of
the same size positive peaks

BTW, it says the same for a full wave center tap, only that the piv seen on the
diodes is higher.

Now since I'm using a square wave, what happens?   I finally found a reference
which said

Epk = Erms = Eav

Thanks for any extra clarification,

Paul, kg7hf.