Amps

[AMPS] Another Tube Max Plate Current Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Another Tube Max Plate Current Question
From: K7xq@aol.com (K7xq@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 18:39:25 EDT

--part1_15f.467152.28c5609d_boundary

Hello All,
 I have another question.

This time about the 3CX800A7 Tube. What is the maximum allowable Plate
Current of a 3CX800A7 Tube ?? Can it be operated at 600 ma without
degradation or damage ??? The reason for asking is because my notes show
typical plate current at 500 ma. I notice hat I can further the output
(another 100 - 125 watts) by going to abt 600 ma but worry about tube
degradation / distortion / or signal purity when running close to tube
saturation.

Jeff K7XQ

--part1_15f.467152.28c5609d_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  SIZE=2>Hello
All,
<BR> I have another question.
<BR>
<BR>This time about the 3CX800A7 Tube. What is the maximum allowable Plate
<BR>Current of a 3CX800A7 Tube ?? Can it be operated at 600 ma without
<BR>degradation or damage ??? The reason for asking is because my notes show
<BR>typical plate current at 500 ma. I notice hat I can further the output
<BR>(another 100 - 125 watts) by going to abt 600 ma but worry about tube
<BR>degradation / distortion / or signal purity when running close to tube
<BR>saturation.
<BR>
<BR>Jeff K7XQ
<BR>