Amps

Re: [Amps] Grid Dipping the Pi network in a new amp?

To: Chuck Curran <ccurran@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Grid Dipping the Pi network in a new amp?
From: STEVEN & NANCY FRAASCH <sjfraasch@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 08:45:06 -0400 (EDT)
Chuck:

I don't know where you are coupling the grid dip to the network (I assume to
the tank inductor), but you need terminations.  Try adding a 50 ohm load at the
output, and place a 1800 ohm resistor from the plate to ground, leave the tube
in place so that you have the tube parasitics in place.  Obviously you are
doing this with the thing unplugged.

I do this all of the time, but I use an Autek bridge.  I connect to the amp
output and connect a termination emulating the source impedance from the plate
to ground and it works fine.

73,

Steve, K0SF