Amps

Re: [Amps] TL-922(A) Recent Acquisition

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] TL-922(A) Recent Acquisition
From: Bryan Swadener via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 06:38:14 +0000 (UTC)
Vacuum/reed relays are the way to go. The W7RY QSK relay driver board provides
all the support needed. Jim sells the bare TL922(A) board for $18:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/282199995256. He offers the reed relay to switch the
input, and recommends Max Gain Systems as a source mfor the vacuum relay
to switch the output. Your rig has to switch only 10V @ 1mA. Electronically
regulated
and switched bias is also part of the deal. When you make your purchase,
complete
documentation is supplied, along with a link to the Bill Of Material on
Mouser's website.

Many hams have used Jim's boards to convert various ham amplifiers. I like the
similar
board for my SB-220.

vy 73,Bryan WA7PRC

     Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 07:30:28 +0200
From: Vic Rosenthal <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
To: Jeff Breitner <lists@rudn.com>
Cc: amps@contesting.com

I would definitely replace it with vacuum relays, or a vacuum relay plus a reed
relay.
The stock relay tends to hot switch with semi-QSK CW and SSB VOX. It isn't
worth saving.

Vic 4X6GP