Amps

[AMPS] Blowers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Blowers
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 13:20:45 EST
W6SAI ran an excellent article on blowers many years ago in CQ Jay. It
compared speed and wheel diameter vs backpressure and the whole bit. When
you go by the industrial manufacturers specs, there is no fudging. I am
talking about blowers, not muffin fans.
I can pbly dig that article up out of the files for you and others for a
large SASE.

73  Carl  KM1H

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 11:46:01 +0000 W7CW Jay E Ostrem <wc7m@vcn.com>
writes:
>Has anyone experimented with using a furnace blower for cooling their
>tubes?  I was curious if anyone had actually measured available back
>pressure for any particular size wheels. The handbooks list ratings
>for
>different size Dayton blowers, and wondered if the furnace type would
>be
>worth pursuing for cooling some of the larger triodes.
>                              73 Jay W7CW
>
>                                 1AB Ranch
>                                 Gillette, Wyoming
>
>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]