Amps

[AMPS] 4CX1000A advice??

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4CX1000A advice??
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 98 08:05:33 -0800
>Hi Rich...
Hello, Dick
>If memory serves me, the ALPHA 91B uses a 50 ohm 90W bulk type resistor
>strapped directly from grid to ground
>(only a bias-blocking cap intervenes). We use a simple network ahead of
>the resistor to compensate tube
>input C on 10 & 12M.

tnx.  I'll try to get a copy of the roadmap so I can see what this 'simple
network' is, Dick.

>Subject:       Re: [AMPS] 4CX1000A advice??
>>On Fri, 13 Mar 98 08:40:20 -0800 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net> writes:
> One of the "no hassle" untuned input circuits floating
>about recommends putting an inductor in series with the grid termination
>R to improve the 12m and 10m input SWR.  Doing so is an invitation to vhf
>oscillation.  If, QRO, and Alpha do not use such a circuit,  Good.
> .   However, one does not know until one sees the circuit.

? .  .  To anyone on the [AMPS] group who has a circuit diagram for an Emtron,
Alpha, or QRO Class AB1 amplifier, and is willing to do some xeroxing, I need a
copies of only the portion of the circuitry that is associated with the tube
and .grid input.  .  I will reimburse the copying and mailing costs involved. .
 Or, for those with a scanner, if the image is saved as a JPG file, it can
easily be e-mailed as as attachment, provided that additional compression is
not checked off.  I plan to make JPG files from the xerox copies so that I can
post the diagrams on the Web so that interested members of the [AMPS]
mailing-list can discuss 'em.  .   thanks

cheers
Rich...

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K