Amps

[AMPS] Dip Meters and Chokes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Dip Meters and Chokes
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 10:57:40 -0500

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 21:31:28 -0800 (PST) john merryman
<andy_m_99@yahoo.com> writes:

>Having read all the material on chokes i find i dont have a dip
>meter,
>any suggestions on which circuit or model to build or buy. I mostly
>see the kenwood/mfj/ el cheapo branded by many type around.

El Cheapo is often better than El Nothing John.

Are these
>any good. The handbook has a circuit, but for some reason no data is
>given for 160m coverage.What are the good oldies i should look for, i
>know Millen use to make one.

For HF use just about anything that covers your needs will be OK. Just
check calibration against ur rcvr.

My favorite is the tube type Measurements 59. The detached oscillator
head and plenty of available power makes it a fine instrument. Plus I
never have to worry about dead batteries.  The stock unit only goes down
to 2 MHz but I find that sufficient. There is a 59LF head and coil set
but kinda rare.

73  Carl  KM1H

>Thanks

>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]