Amps

[AMPS] 3-500Z chimneys

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 3-500Z chimneys
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:42:01 -0800

>Cooling the seals is far more important than running
>air past the glass. I also believe the coleman lantern
>glass would not be best. There is good reason why
>EIMAC chimneys curve in at the top...
>73, Paul  K7CW

?  Melting solder from pins 1 and 5 is common on the 3k-A and 2k-4, both
of which use air system sockets.  Melting solder from pins 1 and 5 in a
SB-220 is virtually unheard of provided that the fan bearings are oiled
every two years.  //    Why does the Eimac heat dissipating anode
connector have the fins going the wrong direction for Eimac air system
sockets?

>---Rich Measures <measures@vc.net> wrote:
>>

>> >I have a need for several 3-500Z tube chimneys. Reportedly Coleman
>lantern
>> >globes can be used. Has anyone tried this?
>> >
>> Ä  The 6" transverse-fan / split-chassis cooling method used in the
>> SB-220 provides way mo' betta cooling   How do I know this?:  By
>> comparing the color of the ink on the glass envelope after years of
>use.
>>

>> Rich...

Rich...