Amps

[AMPS] SB220 rebuild

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB220 rebuild
From: gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU (George T. Daughters)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 15:13:24 +0008

Hi all,

> The surgery to repair the transformer labodomy is proceeding and I'd like to
> thank you all for the great suggestions.

OK.  If it's going to become a frequently-used term on this
reflector, I have to be true to my (very weak) medical and (less
weak) English training, and offer the correct version...

lobotomy... severance of nerve fibers (as in the frontal lobes) of
the brain for treatment of some mental disorders.  A second meaning
I think we could accept is the one pertaining to severing (and then
rebuilding) certain aspects of a SB220.

I apologize for this, but I thought somebody might actually care
about getting it right.  (Of course, there's the possibility that
"labodomy" means "severing and rebuilding a SB220", but I can't
find it in my dictionaries!)   8>)

At any rate, I continue to learn lots by just reading traffic on this
reflector.  Thanks to all.

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT