Amps

[AMPS] toroid winding and rebuilding a Vac Variable

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] toroid winding and rebuilding a Vac Variable
From: nospam4me@juno.com (Skip S Isaham)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 00:00:11 EST
Re: Toroid Winders,  Vacuum Variable Topic below.

[snip]
skip, you posted about a hand operated toroid winding machine.
could you tell me the manufacturer of it, as i am looking to buy
a machine like this for prototyping purposes.
dan stanger

Hello Dan and others,

I no longer have the unit, but it was a very old machine from MoReCo,
Inc. **  long since out of business. I did keep their "Coilmaster" winder
for universal and honeycomb coils. Since "standard coils" are easy to
buy, I've retired the unit without use some time ago.

I did not receive the toroid unit with paperwork and I believe it was
missing hardware. So I have no practical method of winding toroid coils,
other than by hand. Anyone else have ideas for a small qty toroid
winder..?

Re: Vacuum Variable rebuilding.

Art Moe, KB7WW sent me a Vacuum Variable Cap (Jennings) with the sealing
nipple broken off.  I took this cap to my friend, a professional glass
blower for his opinion.
Looks like he can pretty much reseal the unit after pulling a vacuum.
His prerequisite is that the glass should be pyrex.

I've taken some digital camera pictures of the cap before the work and
I'll take more upon completion. They'll be available on my server after
the repair.
I will also try to high pot the cap if possible.

thanks
skip may   wv6f

(Art, please email me again, I've lost your direct email address in the
shuffle)

** MoReCo, Inc. 109 South 28th St.  Council Bluffs, Iowa 51501
    (no longer in business)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]