Amps

[Amps] Relay Driver (Chip)

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Relay Driver (Chip)
From: "JayKay" <pcb4u@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 14:07:45 -0700
Folks

I am using the W9XT band decoder board to interface to a Yaesu radio for a
local ham friend. All going well until I found out the switching box he ordered
is an Array Solutions 6 pack.

1) The output of the W9XT board is a 0 for the active band and open (open
collector) for all the remaining outputs. Thus the relays in the antenna
switching box would need to have a 12V bus and switch the low side of the
required relay via the W9XT board.

2) The Array Box 6 Pack looks like all the relays are grounded and 12V is
required to switch the band needed

Besides the obvious transistor inversion that would be required for each band
output from the W9XT board, does anyone know a chip that can handle a 0 output
(ground, as an input) and supply 12V output at about 400-500 ma and output no
voltage when the input sees an open (or can be pulled up)?

Jay
W2IJ