Amps

[AMPS] Swan has Big Bang !!! ??????

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Swan has Big Bang !!! ??????
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 07:37:45 -0700

>Thanks to all who offered assistance.
>
>Started on it tonight.
>
>Found no shorted caps, but a couple are over the recommended leakage
>current. So I will replace all.
>
>I have another set that I was use in a different amp but they will fit,
>so I'll try them if they test good. Can anyone provide leakage current
>specs for SPRAGUE POWERLYTIC 36D7886 ???   Can't find on the Web ????

/\  As I recall, typical leakage is <1uA /uF at the rated WV.  It's also
important to check the 4-digit mfg. code date.  The useful life of an
85ºC aluminum electrolytic is roughly 20 years.   Every 10ºC rise in
operating temp. reduces life expectancy by about half

cheers, Art

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end