Amps

[AMPS] tech editor

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] tech editor
From: nospam4me@juno.com (skipp s isaham)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:58:14 -0700
re:  HR & 73 Mag
-
re: HR's lack of a technical editor...
Might have been more productive in the long run. The
ARRL does have a Technical Editor and look what
happened in your case, Rich...
-
73 Mag is alive and about the same.  They had a
booth at Dayton where $20 brought a year subscription
to the door, so I went for it and have received two
issues since Dayton.
-
73 was often a rehash of the same 25 simple
projects... how many times can one build a J-Pole
for 2 meters.   Wayne is still writing 5 page intros
about getting young people interested in ham
radio.
-
They do mention a serious desire and solicit for
technical articles, throwing out the cash "bone" to
entice authors... but it's really not much money.
-
I think authors often end up working for less than
California min wage (about $6 an hour) when it
all comes out.
-
skipp
-
-
: From: 2 <2@vc.net>

>HR was the best thing going and still holds it own
>skipp

: /\  The problem with writing post-Jim Fisk articles for HR was that
they
: had no technical editor.  Thus, writers had deal with an editor that
was
: hardly an electronics maven
: cheers, Skipp

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!