Amps

[AMPS] Re: Parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Parasitics
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:50:19 -0700

>I once had a Henry 2K-3 in which I installed Mr. Measures' suppressor kit.
>I thought I was doing a good thing.  The first time I put it on 15 meters
>several of the resistors exploded much as a shotgun shell would do. I
>promptly went back to the Henry factory suppressors and never had another
>problem, nor did I have a problem prior to that.  For some stupid reason I
>was convinced that that bit of nichrome was going to save me from eminent
>disaster.  In my 25 years of hamming, never have I experienced a parasitic
>with my Henry 2K-3 (2x3-500z's), My AL1200 (3cx1200A7), or my Henry 3K
>Classic X (8877).
>
>This suppressor kit thing reminds me of the travelling salesman selling cure
>all elixir out of the back of his wagon.  "Guaranteed to cure your gold
>sputtered meatballs...."
>
>Bill Thomas   k1xt

/\  Bill --  If this is the case. we owe you a refund cheque.  However, I
looked through our records archive and there is no record of a parasitic
suppressor retrofit kit sale to a Bill Thomas.  Did you order your
retrofit kit under a different name?
thanks

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end