Amps

[AMPS] Henry 2kd classic

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Henry 2kd classic
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 12:53:24 -0700

>> Any dowside risk to gutting the grid cap/choke circuit in the L-7 and
>> replacing them it Cu straps between the grid terminals of the socket
>> and chassis?

//  When the grid's intrinsic inductance is grounded through the positive
reactance in a Cu strap - insead of the negative reactance in a cap. -
the grid-resonance frequency decreases a bit,  which should permit
oscillation at a slightly lower frequency.  The grid-resonance change can
be measured with a dipmeter.  I would be interested in your measurement.

>>Will this affect the termination impedance that the tuned
>> input sees significantly?
>
>There are always risks when we change things in marginally stable
>systems unless you just buckle down and do everything correctly.

//  Amen to that, Mr. Rauch.

>If I owned a 30L1 I'd use "cathode" bias and ground the grids
>normally, and add neutralization.

//  Art Collins knew better than to try this.

 > I'd never use four 811A tubes in
>parallel without cancelling feedthrough capacitance.

//  The sticky-wicket.

>73, Tom W8JI

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734, AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end