Amps

[AMPS] 3-500Z

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 3-500Z
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:04:20 -0700

>At 10:55 AM 9/28/01 -0700, you wrote:
>>
>>What, exactly, is the issue?  Does Eimac even still manufacture a 3-500Z?

//  The question is why hasn't Mr. Rauch published the alleged Eimac
authorization for 500mA?

>The issue is ONLY that Rich brings up anything bad he can direct at Tom,
>given the slightest excuse.

//   Tom's assertion that 300-ohms/V of equalizer R is correct has no
basis in any info I've seen from electrolytic capacitor manufactures.  It
would have made no difference who said it.  As I see it, anyone  -
including yours truly -  who provides bum dope should be thoroughly
grilled.

> The question was about Capacitors, and
>equalizing resistors, and Rich had no clear defense for his position (or he
>would have given it) so- as unsual, he attacked ages old imaginary slights
>as a diversion and as revenge for old scores.

//   The defense is that MOF 100k-ohms 3Wers are known to work for
equalizing 200uF - 470uF, 450V electrolytic filter capacitors - without
roasting such.   We have sold over 7k 100k/3w equalizer resistors, and so
far there have been no reported problems.  Typically, these resistors are
better than +/- 0.2% of 100k-ohms.

>Both the subjects he brought up have been covered here, but he refuses to
>admit it.
>
>He is an obsessed person, who (long ago) had a lot to give the community,
>but, now, cannot be believed on any technical subject because his motives
>are always suspect. One doesn't know if he has a valid position, or is just
>trying to hit out to make someone else look bad. His normal reply is
>usually cryptic, making little sense.
>
>Too bad.

//  Negative feedback is Good for a discussion group because it tends to
reduce distortion from self-declared experts, and it can keep some folks
from wasting money.

//   Bill -- Do you believe that AC Circuit Analysis does not work with
L/R parasitic suppressors?

>Bill Aycock  ...

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734, AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end