Amps

[Amps] MLA2500 power up......

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] MLA2500 power up......
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 07:43:07 -0700
>> >Can I take out the tubes and try powering up??
>>
>> Yes
>
>Tnx, Rich.

ur welcome

>It powers up fine without the tubes, reads 2250V.  Bad tubes??

Sounds like tubes could be the problem.  If it blows fuses with the tubes
in place, chances are the hv ps is ok.  The problem with the tubes could
be a leaky seal or gold-sputtering.  I autopsy more kaput 8873/4/5s with
gold sputtering than with air leakage.  The best way to identify
gold-sputtering is with a dc high-pot tester.

>They showed
>no signs of weakness just minutes before.  1KW on all bands.....
>
>Blake N4GI

www.vcnet.com/measures.
end