Amps

Re: [Amps] water and vapor phase tube cooling

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] water and vapor phase tube cooling
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:31:12 -0500
Hal,

I think they're different types or strengths of ethylene glycol and there is an
anti-freeze type. Dupont is the main seller of this and what they sell for
anti-freeze is called "monoethylene glycol". It's still ethylene glycol but
they mix some other stuff with it. They call it "ethylene glycol which is
blended with proprietary additives and sold for use as coolant in automobiles".
I think they thin it down plus add additives to stop it's corrosive effects. I
know borax was added years ago and seems like an alcohol of some sort, I cant
remember. Straight ethylene glycol is very corrosive and within 1-2 years of
first use in automobile cooling, they had to add the extra stuff to keep it
from eating everything up. It's untelling what they were using where you were
at. A read of the early patents tells the tale on it.

Will