Amps

Re[2]: [Amps] glass tape  scotch 27

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re[2]: [Amps] glass tape  scotch 27
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:25:25 -0400
Peter,

I thought I'd seen that used before on some small toroids on a homebrew project
on the net. I can see it would work plus be a benefit on a small toroid in that
it don't fill up the window so you have room for the wire. It's also very
flexable so it will fit good and not bulge out like thick tape would. What I
was saying about heat was if a toroid was to get hot enough to melt that
filament tape I mentioned, I'd about bet it was going into saturation. That
would distort the hell out of the signal too I'd imagine whether it's powdered
iron or ferrite. I also imagine that's why they use Kapton tape a lot because
it don't have to be capable of holding back the heat of the sun ;-) I wouldn't
mind hearing Bytemarks explanation for why the use the expensive fiberglass
cloth tape. I'd about bet it was to qualify a part for government use so they
use it on a several now.

Thanks,

Will