Amps

Re: [Amps] HLA150

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] HLA150
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:54:05 -0400
Joe,

What would one do about the cheap flimsy PC boards they use which do warp, and
have traces undersized that burns out all the time? Also, one would need to
take the heatsink out, and have the whole top machined flat again to cure the
problem where the self-tapping screws puckered the aluminum up around the screw
making it so the transistors cant set flat. Last, these are about all designed
around low RF drive levels and have a weak voltage divider in the input made
from 1 watt resistors and a potentiometer, plus a very weak antenna relay for
the power going through it. That is on the ones I've seen, and I'm not too sure
that you wouldn't have more in it than you could by another good one for.
That's my opinion of them of course.

Best,

Will