Amps

Re: [Amps] TMC amp toroid tank

To: "'Tom W8JI'" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] TMC amp toroid tank
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:27:43 -0400

Hi Tom,

I could see really killing it if the turns were shorted but this amp uses
taps on the toroid coil it does not short the turns.

The core is about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and about 3 inches in length. It
is wound with what looks to be about #12 wire.
There are also switched padding capacitors on the plate tune and load side.
Also 200 pf of fixed capacitor is switched in series with the plate tune
capacitor above 5 MHz band. Lots of wires running around to the switch.
Plate leads are pretty long.

This is as comes from the factory. Maybe it never worked very well from the
start. Very nicely built.

73
Gary  K4FMX