Amps

Re: [Amps] ALPHAs and momentary power outages

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] ALPHAs and momentary power outages
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:27:15 -0700
On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:02:41 -0400, Tom W8JI wrote:

>The simplest approach would be to fool the system into not
>knowing the power ever went down. You could do that with a
>battery and R/C timer, a large electrolytic and a few
>diodes, or any other number of ways.

The lytic sounds like the best approach if you can figure out where
the timer is getting its voltage sample (and its own power). I don't
like the battery idea -- If it held the system up through too long
an on/off cycle it would defeat the timer. And we don't want to do
that for anything but this sort of very short mains failure.

Jim