Amps

Re: [Amps] Semtech diode

To: amps@contesting.com, john.brewer@us.schneider-electric.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Semtech diode
From: <sccook1@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:18:50 -0700
If Henry does not have it and you can't find one after market, you could build
your own adjustable bias device using a string of 1N5408 or simular diodes.
See Rich Measures' web page or Google AG6K for more info.

FYI -- a 1N5534 is a 14V Zener diode, albeit, only rated for 0.4W.  I am not
sure what the Semtech device was rated at, but it is curious that the standard
series for Zeners contains a listing in the voltage range that might serve as a
bias element.

Cheers,

-S