Amps

Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-80B

To: s-roabr@online.no, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-80B
From: mikea <mikea@mikea.ath.cx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 09:54:39 -0500

Low power out on 10m and a cherry red plate, together.

The cherry red plate indicates that _LOTS_ of power is moving through
the tube, if I'm not sorely mistaken. But the low power out on 10m is a
sign that that power isn't being generated in the desired band -- which
means it's being generated somewhere else.

I suspect parasitic oscillations, and suggest that it may be time to
neutralize the final on 10m.

I may be completely wrong, and 180 degrees off course. If so, then
someone please point out (GENTLY!) where and how.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea@mikea.ath.cx