Amps

Re: [Amps] about the WARC bands of the Heathkit SB-220.

To: David G4FTC <g4ftc@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] about the WARC bands of the Heathkit SB-220.
From: Kouichi Ueno <kueno@wine.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2024 15:16:55 +0800
Hi David,

Thank you again for the valuable information.

Actually, I do not own an SB220 yet. Right now, it's being sold at an auction
in Japan for about $470.
It's a reasonable price, so I became interested in the SB220.
However, I was surprised when you mentioned that it has been 50 years
since it was manufactured.

Since I live in the Philippines, the shipping cost via DHL is around $670,
which makes me hesitate to place a bid.
The current owner hasn't done any maintenance on the capacitors, and
spare parts for maintenance are hard to come by in the Philippines.

However, hearing everyone's passion for the SB220 has made me unsure whether I
should go ahead and purchase it.

Thank you again.

Kouichi Ueno