Amps

Re: [Amps] HV mesuring

To: amps@contesting.com, MIKE DURKIN <patriot121@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV mesuring
From: Val Erwin <valerwin@att.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 10:26:18 -0700 (PDT)
Howdy Mike:

Just a reminder......if you must use a Simpson 260 to measure your HV levels,
don't forget to use the Simpson accessory HV probe. The DC one is red colored
whereas the AC version is yellow. I have one of each but there does not seem to
be a model # on either.

As for a cheaper meter to measure 5 KV, I consider even the Simpson 260 to be a
cheap meter!  Even the Simpson 260 used with the HV probe can be a widow maker
if improperly used!..................

GL

Val Erwin / W5PUT