Amps

Re: [Amps] THANKS re: Negative current with a zener screen grid regulato

To: 'Amps' <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] THANKS re: Negative current with a zener screen grid regulator
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 11:41:09 -0400
Thank you to all who replied on and off list. Although there were opinions on both sides the overwhelming majority consensus is that my screen regulator is fine. Eimac seems to agree from what the tube data sheet says.

I am just going over things trying to sort out why the amp keeps self destructing. Hopefully a hi pot tester I am building may give some answers or at least clues. For now, I believe my screen regulator is a victim, not the cause (as in screen voltage running away and creating mayhem).

Paul N1BUG