Amps

Re: [Amps] every db lost re Tubes vs. Solid State

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] every db lost re Tubes vs. Solid State
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 13:41:00 -0400
Speaking of connector loss, the mismatch loss that a connector may provide
is only valid when the system generator is a fixed value and there is no
re-reflection of reflected power at the generator.

In a typical HF system we usually can readjust the transmitter/tuner
matching network to compensate for any mismatch so that reflected power gets
re-reflected to the antenna.
Also you can not just add together multiple connector losses in a system and
say that the sum is the total loss, as each has a different impedance
transformation that may or may not add directly to that of other losses.

73
Gary  K4FMX