Amps

[AMPS] Re: TopBand: El Nino

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: TopBand: El Nino
From: philk5pc@connect.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 12:56:43 -0600
At 10:53 AM 3/28/98 -0700, you wrote:

>This agrees well with some EWE antenna modeling I have been
>doing.  The EWE, unlike the beverage, does _NOT_ like to be
>operated over poor ground.  The EWE works best over perfect
>ground.  The interesting thing is that the size of the region
>around the EWE that must be highly conductive is small enough
>that one could rationally consider putting ground screens under
>EWEs.  If the EWE is not physically large, you can get away with
>only a 60 to 80 foot radius of ground screen (even down at
>topband).  At that radius, only 50 or so radials are necessary to
>get extremely good performance up through 40 meters.
>
>73, Eric  N7CL

Where do the radials go?
1 set under each vertical
1 set centered under the array?
1 set on the terminated end or fed end?

The EWE here is already over good ground (30ms/m) but I need
all the help I can get on my 60' X 120' lot!

Many thanks, Eric, for your research into the EWE.

(((73)))

Phil, K5PC

"To do is to be".....Sartre
"To be is to do".....Aristotle