Amps

[AMPS] Cantenna Dummy Loads

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Cantenna Dummy Loads
From: phil@vaxxine.com (Phil T. (VE3OZZ))
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 18:21:47
If they're wire wound, they ain't non-inductive at RF (at AF maybe).

Anyhow, the 1990 ARRL HB has a nice dummy load project. It uses a true RF
non inductive resistor in 2 gallons of oil that will safely run 1500 watts
for 10 minutes.  The actual power rating of the resistor was somewhere
around 100 to 200 watts.

Phil