Amps

Re: [Amps] Grid current protection HELP

To: n6pe@yahoo.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Grid current protection HELP
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 21:30:35 -0500 (EST)
Rick, that address: members.cruzio.com/~k6xx/radio/76a_prot.pdf
does not work for me. Is something missing?

73,
Gerals K5GW

In a message dated 2/13/2012 6:59:20 P.M. Central Standard Time,
n6pe@yahoo.com writes:

Hi  all,

A while back K6XX published an article that can be found at
members.cruzio.com/~k6xx/radio/76a_prot.pdf
It is a simple  opticoupler that triggers a 555 timer base on the voltage
drop across a  resistor.
I built the circuit but only connected pin 2 to the 100k resistor  from the
opticoupler.
It has different levels of working with different  connections I have
tried. Grounding the relay jack will key Q1 if the output  is low, but it
starts
high. At one point I could vary the voltage in to the  opticoupler and
trigger the 555. Also, the time delay worked too. Now I can't  get it to do
much
hi hi I need to start over.

I'm a tube and voltage  guy and almost nothing I've built SS except for a
160 meter surface mount SDR  and my copy of the Alpha 78 QSK board has worked
first time out hi  hi

Can someone look at the schematic and let me know what the problem  is, IE
correct it?
I can see the trigger tied to B+ and do not think that  is correct.
I assumed pin 4 needed to go to B+, maybe not.

I  made a PCB and it is a pain makeing changes and cutting foil.

Please,  any help from you solid state guys? My 8874s need you. K6XX does
not  respond.

Thanks

Rick,  N6PE