Amps

[AMPS] Metalworking Questions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Metalworking Questions
From: jstrohm@cp.varco.com (Strohm, Jim)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 10:52:45 -0600
Ah.  Another potential victim.

Try this:

          http://www.harborfreight.com

73
Jim N6OTQ

-----Original Message-----
From: John Kay [mailto:kay@cig.mot.com]
Sent: Friday, February 05, 1999 6:17 AM
To: amps@contesting.com

OK guys.  While some of you were in metal shop, I was in band.  I figure
it might be handy to learn how to make small brackets, maybe bend metal
for cabinets, chassis, covers, etc. (Especially for Amp projects)  The
"construction techniques" chapter of the handbook seems lacking in this
area.  Are there any good references for a late learner to pick up some
of this info/techniques/tools/jargon?

I seem to remember back in the 80's (??) in the ham magazines a small,
simple (and cheap) metal brake for bending light guage steel and
aluminum just for this purpose.  Anybody got any ideas if anything like
this is still available?