Amps

[AMPS] Phantom 1400 Linear

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Phantom 1400 Linear
From: jstrohm@cp.varco.com (Strohm, Jim)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 16:10:19 -0600
The Phantom amps all used sweep tubes, as far as I've seen.

Nowadays the cost to re-tube is astronomical.

IMHO the correct price for a CB sweep tube linear is "FREE" and
the first thing you should do with it is de-tube it and retrofit
with real transmitting tubes.

You can probably get a 3CX800 to fit and work nicely with the
remains of a Phantom.  Alternatively, a pair of surplus 4CX250s
would be a nice option too.

Jim N6OTQ