Amps

[AMPS] load testing HV Pwr supplies

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] load testing HV Pwr supplies
From: jstrohm@cp.varco.com (Strohm, Jim)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:01:33 -0600
Uhh, gee, I'd like to be there to see THAT test.

Perhaps a more reasonable value would be a 1500 ohm, 15 kw resistor.

There are some occasionally available military surplus electrical loads that
can handle a 15 kw source.  You might investigate one of these.  I've also
heard stories of people needing a load of this size NOW, and kludging
something up with a 50-gallon barrel of brine sitting out on a runway.

20 electric ovens in series would probably work better than salt water.

Definitely a time for the standard disclaimer, "Your Mileage May Vary."