Amps

[AMPS] A tip for those of you looking for caps...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] A tip for those of you looking for caps...
From: k7dd@earthlink.net (Mike Baker)
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 08:28:27 -0700
Hello Gang,
    Just a short note/tip for those of you looking for powersupply caps
to refurbish that old amp or ?
    There is a fellow on E-Bay (yes I said the dreaded word, so don't
shoot me yet) who is offering Electrolytic caps, 450MFD @ 450VDC, 85C
temp range that are about 3.5" by 1.75" with screw terminals in batches
of 10.  My successful bid was $50 plus $6.75 shipping and that is about
typical it seems.  OK, maybe plus or minus $10 over the bunch of lots he
has sold.
This seems quite reasonable.  The caps are pulls but look like almost
new.  The fellow who is offering them says he has LOTs of them and
considering I have seen at least 5 lots sold in the last 6 weeks, I
would say that seems correct.
Look in the Electronics Components, Capacitors section, not in Ham Radio
Stuff.

NO, I HAVE NO CONNECTION TO THE SELLER OF THESE PRODUCTS.
Just a guy trying to keep his own gear running long enough to build my
"Dream" amp. I figure some of you have the same trouble finding good
parts as I do and would appreciate the heads up.

Best 73
Hope you all have a fine Memorial Day weekend.
Mike Baker  K7DD