Amps

[AMPS] Additional Info Voltage Doubler/Filter Capacitance

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Additional Info Voltage Doubler/Filter Capacitance
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:06:19 -0400
> >I could only run the bridge rectifier program
>
> Double-click at the *top left* or *bottom left* corner of the
> schematic to change the rectifier configuration. Double-click *on* the
> rectifier to select the diodes from the drop-down list.

Doesn't work. I can double click all over the place and it stays a
bridge. The help file says to doubleclick, you say to double click,
but nothing happens.

I have version 1.0.3.10 downloaded.

> Same applies to the filter: double-clicking *above* it lets you select
> capacitor input, choke input etc. Double-click *on* the individual
> components to change their values.

Nil there also.

> Double-click above the load to see the very useful option of defining
> a constant load current. It can also be stepped up or down after a
> selected time, so you can simulation at two current levels on the same
> chart.

Nil there.

> >with 2600 volts at the transformer, and it
> >said 3600 volts dc output. That is clearly incorrect.
>
> At low current, what's wrong with that? It's very close to 1.41*2600.

I forgot to say I used 1 ampere of load current.

> At higher currents the predicted voltage falls and shows more ripple -
> by how much will depend mainly on the series resistance of the
> transformer (secondary + primary*n^2) and the capacitor value.

Not on what I downloaded. Maybe I downloaded something that
doesn't work? Is there another file or version other than 1.0.3.10?

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com