Amps

Re: [Amps] AL-811 & 572's

To: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>, "aMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-811 & 572's
From: "W7MJM" <w7mjm@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 15:40:18 -0800
"W8JI probably recommended using only 3 tubes in the 811H because it will
reduce filament power, which will reduce the load on the transformer.  The
power is limited by the voltage and current of the power transformer and 4
tubes will not gain you anything."

Thanks for the explanation, Colin.

73,
Martin