Amps

[AMPS] Info needed old Henry Tempo 6N2

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Info needed old Henry Tempo 6N2
From: warrenw@pentek.com (Warren J. Walsh)
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 12:28:21 -0500
Greetings all,
I am looking for some information on the old Henry 6N2 amp.  We (the N2WM
M/M crew) use one on 6 meters for our VHF contesting.  The original design
was with both 6M and 2M, but it was not very stable so N2WM removed the 2M
circuitry and it helped.  I would like to know if anyone has had any
experience with these amps, and might possibly know if there are any other
mods that could make the amp even more stable?  I know that Henry stopped
making this amp as a 6 and 2 combination and started to build them as 6 OR
2 versions.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I am in the process of
converting my SB-220 to 6M as a replacement for this amp.

Thanks
Warren Walsh - K2BM
Warren J. Walsh (warrenw@pentek.com) Pentek, Inc.
Design Engineer                      One Park Way
Phone: (201) 818-5900 x 251          Upper Saddle River, N.J.
Fax:   (201) 818-5941                http://www.pentek.com/