Amps

Re: [Amps] Re: Amps Digest, Vol 13, Issue 52

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Re: Amps Digest, Vol 13, Issue 52
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 18:49:56 +0100
I checked the Coleman web page but couldn´t find any
chimneys, any clue where to find them? Maybe they are
there someplace but I didn´t spot them.

73 Jim SM2EKM

W0UN -- John Brosnahan wrote:

At 04:56 PM 1/31/2004, K3vw@aol.com wrote:

You can use a 3-500Z chimney with the 3CX1200A7, Ameritron does ! Willy K3VW

So, if the Coleman lantern double mantle chimney works with a 4-400A
and that is the same size as a 3-500Z and if the 3-500Z chimney
works on the 3CX1200A7 then it sounds like the Coleman
lantern double mantle chimney should work with a 3CX1200A7.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case?  Don't know the price of
the Coleman lantern chimney these days but it used to be a
relatively inexpensive way to get Pyrex glass for your 4-400As.

Since I have a couple of 3CX1200xx tubes (A7 and Z7) but no
chimneys this would be a good thing to know.   Except for the
fact that a clear chimney is a real waste with an external anode
tube.

--John W0UN