Amps

[Amps] GIVE IT A BREAK! (Subject change from:Commander HF-1250 problem)

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: [Amps] GIVE IT A BREAK! (Subject change from:Commander HF-1250 problem)
From: "mgb " <markbitterlich@embarqmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 12:44:16 -0500 (EST)
There are some very smart and experienced folks that hang around this
reflector, which is the reason I take time to sort through all the B/S to get
to the jewels of wisdom.

That said, no one likes to be lectured to, or made to look like a fool,
especially in public.  When someone pushes that particular button, the result
is usually a public FLAME ON response, and I get that.  It's probably safe to
say that it has happened to most folks, or they have seen it done to others
with their own eyes.  It is a natural response when someone sticks a finger in
your chest to just jump up and beat the be-jezus out of that particular idiot
(either physically or verbally). Just be aware that some folks actually TRY to
get that kind of reaction from others and get off on it!

So a polite request please... try as best you can to ignore the temptation to
go public with the flame-on response and instead go to private email and have
at it.

This a TECHNICAL forum and not an ego contest arena where snide comments are
made about the technical ability of hams in some other country, or the legality
of some kind of amplifier or emission type, or WHATEVER ELSE!

And since I am on a roll, please also try to limit the EGO CONTESTS that are
really out of control from several posters here.  Please don't give education
at the price of sarcasm.

This is already too long of a response.  My bad.  Later.

Mark Bitterlich
WA3JPY