Amps

Re: [Amps] chimney material suggestion GI35b

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] chimney material suggestion GI35b
From: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 20:12:12 -0400
Manuel,

It would work if it doesn't touch the heat fin ring itself. It needs to be about 1/4" larger I.D. than the O.D. of the tube. The air temp is not that hot, but the max temp of the fins is hot enough to melt the PVC. I'm working with a company now to supply flame-proof fiber tubing for this. I ordered a few samples but haven't tried it yet. I ordered some just large enough for a 4CX250B.

Will Matney

Manuel R. Alonso / KC4MNE wrote:

Hello

Could PVC pipe be used for a chimney? If not were could I find a suitable
material?

4" is perfect for the GI35b tube?

Thanks

KC4MNE