Amps

Re: [Amps] Henry 2K-4 Failure

To: Mark - N5OT <r-emails@n5ot.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 2K-4 Failure
From: RCM <robrk@nidhog.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 17:09:51 -0400

> On Mar 20, 2020, at 15:45, Mark - N5OT <r-emails@n5ot.com> wrote:
>
> Indeed, I was pretty sure this was a common set of symptoms.  Two 3-500z
> tubes here are about as common as it gets.

Plan ahead for the next time you have to pull the lid off.

I’m sitting here looking at a line voltage meter reading 125 volts.

I wonder why? Maybe your electric bill is based on KWH.  The house is the same
R, but with more volts, the KWH went up from the ’60’ and 70’s.

Your filaments would like to be on the low side, not what the wall plug is
giving you.

Go dance with Eimac’s site. There’s info.

I just missed an estate 2K-4.

Found a spare 5.00 volt transformer and planned to do the tubes in parallel,
rip out all the grid junk and direct ground the grids.

Small Variac on filaments, step start, etc.

Your Henry and my Collins want 230 V not 250.